So first, apologies for never finishing my NZ posts. Seriously, here you go: NY Resolution #1- finish what I start!! Kind of annoying.
I think New Year's Eve is sad. I've come to that conclusion. I haven't had a year in a long time that I haven't shed some tears on NYE. Even the great ones. I feel like perhaps that it's sad a bit that we're leaving the years behind, coupled with nervousness about the year to come. And this year, added to just wanting to have a good, special evening. And then the boys all came over and it felt a bit less... special. A bit more like we're harbouring drunk underage kids in our basement. But I was thankful that Dad stayed up until midnight for me- he usually sleeps at 10pm, never later. Last year I rang in the NY on my own. So even though its not perfect, thank you to my mum and dad, and I got to learn to make Pisco Sours!!
So bring on 2011- here's hoping it is as wonderful as 2010 was. Though it will be difficult to top!
Maybe I should not celebrate NYE next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment