The sun is just too bright today! I'm sitting in my room at 15:30 (3:30, but I'm trying to familiarize myself with 24hour time, I can't count how many times I've gotten confused or upset because 18:00 really just seems too late to get off work) in my pajamas and surfing facebook. Last week my temp agency called every day except one, just so I could tell them AGAIN that I would not be available all week. But this week, not yet. Ironic, and awful for my bank account. So I have spent the day washing dishes that aren't mine and catching up on my laundry and my Australian soaps. And of course, wishing it was Saturday morning, because I'll be on my way to Dublin! I need something green to wear. Hmm.
There is a chinese restaurant here in good ole' Fulham, called Chop Chop, which I frequent, to the point that I'm friendly with one of the waitstaff. He's a nice guy, smiles to himself whenever I come in, probably thinks oh here's the crazy American girl who gets the same thing every single time she comes in... but I have good reason! It costs L3.30 to get a meal (sweet and sour chicken chow mein) big enough for lunch AND dinner! I can't find the "pound" sign, so it will be represented always with "L". Just a little side note. I feel awful carrying on about chinese food. I swear he will know my name by the time I'm through!
God damn the sun. I'm quite homesick today, and unsure about what I'm doing. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment