
..to my account of life far from home, armed only with a collection of passports and a rapidly depleting savings account. I've been in England for almost two months now, and it's finally doing a bit of raining. I've found it odd that until now, more or less everywhere I've been has been sunny and even dry! NOT what I came here for! Carrying around my umbrella for weeks, hoping in vain for a chance to use it. Finally it's pouring! Even better, I'm safely watching the rain from my nice warm little flat, complete with chocolate and Australian soap operas, but disappointingly lacking in a kettle. Apparently my housemate Sam doesn't like tea, but that's impossible- he's English! When I figure out where to go to do it, I'm investing in an electric kettle. After spending five days in Louth, Yorkshire, living on no less than five cups of tea a day, I'm finding it difficult to go without!
I miss Misty, she came to spend the week with me. We had so much fun up in Louth, and sightseeing in London, sneaking into Westminster and taking pictures in places we shouldn't. I'm sad now that I might not see her for a good two years!
This is my first post! Have a fantastic afternoon, from number 21 Hartismere =D
I miss Misty, she came to spend the week with me. We had so much fun up in Louth, and sightseeing in London, sneaking into Westminster and taking pictures in places we shouldn't. I'm sad now that I might not see her for a good two years!
This is my first post! Have a fantastic afternoon, from number 21 Hartismere =D

No comments:
Post a Comment