Sunday, 30 March 2008

Oxfoooooooooord!

OXFORD WON!!

I am such a big fan of the Oxford rowing team, I practically BLEED navy blue and... white? I don't really know, I decided to go for Oxford about 3 minutes before the race started, and it was mostly due to the large number of Cambridge supporters surrounding me. I'm such the rebel! =D

I got to Putney Bridge around 14:00, which was fantastic because I got to stand in the pouring rain by myself for an hour waiting for my friends! We were right by the beginning, and there was a huge screen across the way that showed us the rest of the race, after our 30 seconds of seeing the crew was over. I happened to stand next to some Americans (I thought it was quite random, but apparently most of the Oxford crew team is American, they are actually recruited for this! Another reason I went for Oxford) and talked to them until Ness got there. We went off to find some cider (I know I said I'd have a dry day, but the weather was just too miserable to deal with!) and came back to our spot, where we stood for another loooooong hour and a half for a 15 minute race, 30 seconds of it seen in person. I managed to turn the England song (En-ga-land, En-ga-land, En-ga-land, En-ga-land, En-ga-land, En-ga-laaaaaaaand) into the Oxford song (Ox-ford, Ox-ford, Ox-ford, Ox-ford, Ox-ford, Ox-fooooooooord) much to the distain and displeasure of everyone around me! After the race it was a mad rush to the nearest loo, in a pub where I contemplated going into the mens, pleaded with the girls in front of me to hurry, and almost cried. I had a moment where I was sure I wouldn't make it, but Nessa pushed me on, and I was triumphant!! I can't believe I just wrote an entire paragraph about my bathroom adventures!

We had a celebratory Chop Chop dinner, and I spent the rest of the evening watching Law and Order, CSI, and "Crimes that shocked the World" about the Australian Backpacker Killer. Good fun!

OH and I got the job!! Probably the most exciting news of the day, sadly overshadowed by my need to go to the loo after the boat race! I start Monday, and I soon will be able to stop worrying about money!!!!!

No comments: