Monday, 28 April 2008

Be back in 10...

I walked down Fulham Road around midday on Saturday, and came across a closed clothing store with a sign out front that said 'Gone for prayer, be back in 10 minutes' and was taken aback! Probably because I couldn't imagine seeing something like that ANYWHERE in Boise, Idaho! I wouldn't think someone would close their store to go home to pray, even if they were Muslim (which they probably were, right? Don't they pray 3 times per day or something??). I've walked past that store a few times since then, and the same sign was up. The most interesting part was that the other signs on the door to the shop were advertising a giant closing down sale (everything must go, etc). Can anyone guess WHY the shop is closing down? Perhaps, just maybe, its because the store is never open!

No comments: